Perfect for Halloween, gallery openings, art events, and anyone artistically inclined.
This hat was inspired by an iconic Stephen Jones for John Galliano’s ‘Christian Dior Haute Couture Automne/Hiver 2007’ collection. That version was grey and joyless, I decided to make my own colorful take on it.
The headpieces are ADJUSTABLE, hidden wire-work means that it can be worn and tilted in many different ways.
I have two versions, a deluxe version and a cheaper budget-friendly plastic version.
- A. The regular deluxe version has a front has a white glitter finish, the paint blobs are made out of carefully placed sequin trim. You can also choose to have a non-glitter, matte front instead. If you would like pom poms on the front instead of sequins, that would be $25 cheaper.
The BACK has a white, matte felt finish. It will also have paint blobs. Those will be painted on. You can choose the paint colors on the back. The default will be the same color as in the front unless you specify something different.
I blocked this hat on a hat block I custom made myself out of clay on a metal base. I steamed 2 layers of fosshape on the block, placing the wirework between the layers to disguise them, before covering the front with the glitter finish. All the edges are covered with white gimp trim.
The palette is NOT flat, the surface is curved and three-dimensional, something that is hard to capture in the pictures.
- B. The BUDGET-FRIENDLY option is made out of a plastic artist palette. The "paint" on the front is made out of pom-poms. The back is undecorated. The black hat base it is attached to is splattered with paint.
You can also choose the color hat base that you want the palette to be attached to: BLACK, Black and White Swirl, some other solid color (most colors available), or paint splattered. Paint splattered will increase production time an extra 3 days and it will cost an extra $15, you can choose your colors though. It is recommended that you choose black or the black and white swirl though, since the wire-work is in black.
• Handmade in Los Angeles, California.
• The BUDGET version pictured is ready-to-ship in 1-4 days.
• The deluxe version or a custom order typically ships out within 1-2 weeks, though I can typically accommodate rush orders.
• Hats with Heart: For every $100 in profit, we do at least 1 hour of volunteer work.