Inspired by one of the most iconic hats of the 21st century, the Alexander McQueen Haute Couture red butterfly runway headpiece made by Philip Treacy.
Please read carefully!
Please contact me before ordering. It can be made in almost any color or combination of color, but it'll take around a month to 5 weeks to make. If you need it faster, I might be able to oblige, but contact me first.
It is EXTREMELY large, but it only weighs about one pound (16 ounces). This is not uncomfortable to wear since it is perfectly balanced on top of your head. I test wore one for over 10 hours with no problems.
Everything is attached to a lightweight, double layered woven straw hat base, shaped like a very large yamulke. It follows the shape of head and makes it comfortable to wear. The hat base is completely covered with feather butterfly wings.
The butterflies are attached on individual wires. The butterflies are adjustable in terms of height and position. Each butterfly is made out of real feathers.
Custom LARGE Monarch Butterfly Headdress
Please contact me before ordering, especially if you are an international client or if you are ordering several hats at once.
This is an oversized package and shipping will cost more for this piece.
- Butterflies are made out of hand-painted feathers.
- The butterflies are treated with special acrylic coatings to increase durability and make them more UV resistant.
- Large butterflies are 4.5in across. Small butterflies are 2.5in across.
- Handmade in Los Angeles, California.
- Hats with Heart: For every $100 in profit, we do at least 1 hour of volunteer work.
- The headpiece will come with a spare butterfly, it did not fall off.
Make it a complete look and add our matching butterfly sunglasses for a special price! Contact us for details.